Monday 22 April 2013

Texturing nearly complete

Texturing for the spaceman is nearly complete, I was hard at work on the textures and shading network for his main body mesh all weekend which only leaves his chest pack and some small tweaks left to do on his helmet glass shader (I'm still not happy with the way the specular is rendering, I will probably have to paint a custom specular map to get them to look right).

Any who I thought I would give you a sneak peak at progress so far before I do a more comprehensive breakdown of the shaders and textures.

This is my current progress so far, showing my shading network for his layered shader.
His colour render pass is taking a bit too long at the moment it came in a t just over 5 minutes on my computer here at work! It renders heaps faster on my machine at home but it looks like I will still have to do some optimisation so that he renders a little more speedily.

Here is a more close up view.

Spaceman complete textures.

And the layered shader for his body mesh.

Layered shaders are fantastic, especially when texturing an object or character with multiple types of material.

Hope you enjoy, I'll be back soon with another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment