Monday 10 August 2015

Getting used to blender.

Wow its been a while since my last post! As always the reason is the same, been crazy busy!

Lately been looking at using blender more and more instead of Maya. I had a friend ask if I could animate using blender for a possible work opportunity last week so I had a bit of a play on Saturday doing some basic animation to get used to the animation tools and editors inside blender.


After getting over the initial frustration of not being able to find things and getting used to the blender hot keys I must say that animation using blender is not that different from Maya. You have all of the same editors to adjust your animation frames and curves etc. Once you get over the initial hurdle of the fact that the axies in blender are not the same as the ones in Maya which threw me a bit to start with! I can definitely see myself learning more blender in the future and possibly trying to migrate all of my current skills and workflow over.

Ta Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment